Mental Math Workbook - Techniques
So, you want to teach your children math with all the tender guidance that only a parent can give. You can teach them the
techniques, but they need to apply the techniques to learn them. That's where our application comes into the picture. Using the
application you can:
- Let your child practice an virtually unlimited set of problems.
- Monitor your child's practice attempts and identify weak areas for improvement.
- Assign goals and rewards for your child to achieve for the ultimate self-paced learning experience.
- Use the extensive training material on our web-site to teach your child. The training material is written in easy English.
The following training material is designed to accompany our "Mental Maths Workbook" application. This application is
currently available on the Android platform. Other smartphone platforms are targeted to be
You can download the user-manual and the application from our downloads page. Please click the Downloads link on the menu above.
The concept of the application was inspired by several things:
- The desire to teach maths to my niece, who goes by the alias "Pumpkin"
- The bestseller "The secrets of Mental Maths" written by Arthur Benjamin and Michael Shermer
- Memories of Shakuntala Devi, who I had
the good fortune of seeing when I was a child.
Click on any of the below objectives to learn more about the technique
- Simple additions
- Additions which generate carry
- Add two two-digit numbers
- Simple subtractions
- Subtractions which require borrow
- Subtracting two two-digit numbers
- Learn the times tables
- Multiply a two-digit number with a single digit number
- Multiply a number by 2
- Multiply any number by 5
- Multiply any number with 9
- Multiply any number with 10
- Multiply any number with 11
- Multiply a two digit number by another two digit number
- Quickly square a number
- Simple division
- Complex division
- More Complex division
- Division by even number
- Division by number ending in 5